COVID-19 Business Reopening Plans
These new County of Mendocino guidelines are effective as of 11:59pm on July 13, 2020.
The County of Mendocino Public Health Order dated July 13, 2020 is here.
The State guidelines for reopening are here.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of California and Mendocino County have modified their Shelter-in-Place Orders effective July 13, 2020. This website is your guide to achieving compliance for reopening.
BEFORE businesses can reopen they must comply with State and County of Mendocino guidelines and submit a self-certification to the County of Mendocino. High risk sectors must write and upload their plan to this portal. The County recommends businesses review this site on a regular basis for updates to industry best practices.
Follow the simple steps below to self-certify and achieve compliance:
- Review the required Mendocino County Safe Operations Business Checklist
- Select your industry sector
- High risk sectors must write and upload their plan to this portal
- Moderate risk sectors can review recommendations and create their plan to have on-site
- Complete the Self-Certification (Business License required)
- Download your Certificate of Compliance to post at your business
Effective July 13, 2020, indoor operations for the following business sectors must cease operation in Mendocino County until further notice:
- Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Bars, breweries and brew pubs (except when offering sit-down, outdoor meals)
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (Example: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
Additionally, the following sectors, businesses, establishments, or activities are not permitted to operate anywhere in the State of California at this time:
- Indoor playgrounds (bounce centers, ball pits and laser tag etc.)
- Live theater
- Saunas and steam rooms
- Concert venues
- Theme parks
- Higher Education
Self Certification Process
The ability for the County to open up safely depends upon the responsible conduct of all of our local businesses, which engagement and cooperation will help the County make the case for expanding more quickly to future phases of reopening as permitted by the State. Even a single business can stall the County from further reopening and possibly cause the County to revert backwards to more restrictive shelter-in-place orders.
High Risk Sectors
Higher risk businesses must upload their plan to this portal. If you don’t yet have a plan, select your industry-specific Health and Safety Form to create one. Your plan may follow any format so long as it addresses the key sector-specific questions.
Campgrounds, RV Parks, Outdoor Recreation
Gyms and Fitness Facilities
Hair Salons and Barber Shops
Movie Theaters and Family Entertainment Centers
Places of Worship
Tasting Rooms and Bars
Transient Lodging (Including Vacation Rentals)
Zoos, Museums, Galleries, and Aquariums
Moderate Risk Sectors
Agriculture and Livestock
Child Care Facilities and Day Camps
Business Self Certification
Fill out and submit the following form. Or you may print out a physical copy of the form here, and mail the completed certification form (with any required attachments) to: County of Mendocino Environmental Health, 860 N. Bush Street, Ukiah, CA 95482.
- Mendocino County COVID-19 Call Center Number: (707) 234-6052
- County of Mendocino Signage
- County of Mendocino Signage (Spanish)
- Stage2 vs Stage 3 Reopening Chart
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Real Estate Protocols
- Retail Protocols
- Hotel Protocols
- Dine-In Protocols
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Reopening Guidance
- Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool